Drager Detection Tubes - Acrylonitrile 0.5/a (Pack of 5)
Please note: this product is now obsolete. See p/n 8103701 for a replacement part.
These acrylonitrile short-term detection tubes from Drager Safety have a measurement range of 0.5 to 20 ppm. Additional substances that can be detected include Thiophene.
The tubes have a shelf life of 2 years and come in a pack of 5.
Click here to view more information on the compatible Drager Accuro Gas Detection Pump for short-term detection tubes.
- Obtain readings from hard to reach places with the tubes, pump and accessories
- Carry out measurements on the spot
- 10 seconds to 15 minutes is the potential time frame for readings to be taken and is dependent on the type of tube used
- Pre-entry checks and confined space entry are two applications which can use tubes
- Additional applications may include variations in concentration levels and also contamination of breathing areas
|Standard Measuring Range:||1 to 20 ppm / 0.5 to 10 ppm|
|Number of Strokes n:||10 / 20|
|Time for Measurement:||approx. 2 min / approx. 4 min|
|Standard Deviation:||± 15 to 20 %|
|Color Change:||yellow --> red|
|Ambient Operating Conditions|
|Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Absolute Humidity:||2 to 15 mg H2O / L|
|a) CH2=CH-CN + CrVI --> HCN
b1) HCN + HgCl2 --> HCl
b2) HCl + methyl red --> red reaction product
|The indication is not affected by:
1,000 ppm acetone
20 ppm benzene
1,000 ppm ethyl acetate
1,000 ppm ethanol
10 ppm ethyl benzene
1,000 ppm hexane
100 ppm toluene
Styrene up to 50 ppm does not influence the indication. Butadiene reacts with the oxidation layer; in the presence of butadiene, the acylonitrile indication will be too low (e.g. up to 50 % too low with 400 ppm butadiene).