Drager Detection Tubes - Alchohol 25/a (Pack of 10)
Please note: this tube has been superseded.
There are now 3 new Tubes that will provide more precise analysis:
- n-Butanol 10/a(8103861)
- Methanol 20/a(8103801)
- i-Propanol 50/a(8103741)
These Alcohol short-term detection tubes are for the measurement of Alcohol (25/a). They have a measurement range of 10 to 150 ppm and detect a range of other substances.
They substances may include Acetaldehyde, Alcohols (general), i-Butanol, n-Butanol (Butyl Alcohol), Cyclohexanol, Cyclohexanone, Dimethoxyethane, Ethanol (Ethy Alcohol), Ethylene Glycol Dimethylether, 2-Ethyl-1-hexanol, Ethyl Lactate, Ethyl Vinyl Ether, Fufuryl Alcohol , Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol ), Mesityl Oxide, Methanol (Methyl Alcohol) , Methylated Spirits, Methyl Vinyl Ketone, alpha-Pinene, Propan- 2-ol (Iso-propanol) and Vinyl Ethyl Ether.
The tubes come in pack of 10 pieces and have a shelf life of 2 years.
- Obtain readings from hard to reach places with the tubes, pump and accessories
- Carry out measurements on the spot
- 10 seconds to 15 minutes is the potential time frame for readings to be taken and is dependent on the type of tube used
- Pre-entry checks and confined space entry are two applications which can use tubes
- Additional applications may include variations in concentration levels and also contamination of breathing areas
|Standard Measuring Range:||25 to 5,000 ppm Methanol
50 to 4,000 ppm i-Propanol
(Methanol scale) 100 to 5,000 ppm n-Butanol
(Methanol scale) 25 to 2,000 ppm Ethanol
|Number of Strokes n:||10|
|Time for Measurement:||approx. 5 min|
|Standard Deviation:||± 25 %|
|Color Change:||brown --> brownish-black|
|Ambient Operating Conditions|
|Temperature:||15 to 30 °C|
|Absolute Humidity:||max. 15 mg H2O / L|
|CH3OH + CrVI --> brownish-black reaction product|
|500 ppm n-octane result in an overall discoloration of the tube.
400 ppm ethylacetat = display of approx. 60 ppm methanol.
200 ppm tetrahydrofurane = display of approx. 900 ppm on i-propanol
1000 ppm acetone = display of approx. 200 ppm methanol.
400 ppm diethyl ether = display of approx. 1000 ppm methanol.