Drager Detection Tubes - Vinyl Chloride 0.5/b (Pack of 10)
These Vinyl Chloride tubes from Drager Safety have a measurement range of 0.38 to 3 ppm. They detect a range of substances including 1,1-Dichloroethylene, 1,1,2,2-Tetrabromoethane and 1,2,4-Trichlorobenzene.
The tubes have a shelf life of 2 years and come in a pack of 10.
Short-term detection tubes require the use of the Drager Accuro Gas Detection Pump. Click here to buy this product.
- Obtain readings from hard to reach places with the tubes, pump and accessories
- Carry out measurements on the spot
- 10 seconds to 15 minutes is the potential time frame for readings to be taken and is dependent on the type of tube used
- Pre-entry checks and confined space entry are two applications which can use tubes
- Additional applications may include variations in concentration levels and also contamination of breathing areas
|Standard Measuring Range:||5 to 30 ppm / 0.5 to 5 ppm|
|Number of Strokes n:||1/5|
|Time for Measurement:||approx. 30 s / approx. 2.5 min|
|Standard Deviation:||± 15 to 20 %|
|Color Change:||white --> violet|
|Ambient Operating Conditions|
|Temperature:||10 to 30 °C|
|Absolute Humidity:||max. 20 mg H2O / L|
|a) CH2=CHCI + CrVI ä Cl2
b) Cl2 + dimethyl naphtidine ä violet reaction product
|100 ppm hydrogen chloride, 20 ppm chlorine, 10 ppm carbon tetrachloride, 10 ppm chloroform or 5 ppm perchloroethylene are not indicated.
Trichloroethylene and chlorobenzene are indicated with less sensitivity.
1.1-dichloroethylene is indicated with almost identical sensitivity.
Vapors of organic solvents consume part of the oxidation layer so that the resultant reading is somewhat lower.
Examples: a reading of 0.5 ppm vinyl chloride will occur by 5 ppm vinyl chloride + 100 ppm butadiene or 5 ppm vinyl chloride + 10 ppm ethylene.