Drager - Pac 5500 Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) Personal Gas Detector
Please note: this product is now obsolete. See the Drager Pac 6500 as the replacement monitor.
The Pac 5500 from Drager is a portable hydrogen sulphide monitor, suitable for industrial users and handheld applications.
This personal gas detector is designed for long-term detection with an expected lifespan of 5 to 8 years and is able to tolerate tough environments.
Drager’s Pac 5500 has a clear, language-free LCD screen which displays gas measurements and concentrations at a glance. The monitor can also be back-lit in darker environments to improved readability.
Bump tests are required by most national regulations. This H2S detector from Drager features adjustable bump test and calibration intervals to suit different applications and has a range of calibration accessories available to carry out this task. Service and calbration can also be carried out by Frontline Safety.
- Single-hand operation even when using gloves
- Impact-resistant rubber housing is impervious to corrosive chemicals
- Battery and sensor are easily replaceable on-site without additional equipment
- Replaceable dust and water filter
- Easy-to-read LCD screen
- Quick identification of instrument type using colour-coded gas labels
- Various alarm options including a ‘life-signal’ option which can be activated/disable to suit specific industry requirements
- Data-logger can store up to 60 events including bump tests, error modes, and configuration changes
- Warning is displayed when bump test/calibration is required
- Gas inlets featured at top and front of the device
- Possible to set calibration interval to 2 years; no lifetime limitation
- Adjustable bump test and calibration intervals
|Range (ppm)||0 to 100 ppm|
|Resolution (ppm)||0.1 ppm|
|Response TIme||15 secs|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||84 x 64 x 25 mm; 3.3 x 2.5 x 1.0 inch|
|Weight||120g; 3.8 oz|
8 hours of use per day, 1 minute alarms per day (Typical at 25° C)
|IP Rating||IP 65 – projection of water|