MSA ALTAIR 4X Gas Detector - Methane / O2 / CO / NO2
Please note that the MSA Altair 4X has now been phased out. Replacement parts will still be available until further notice. Please see the MSA ALTAIR 4XR as a replacement device (P/n 10178573).
The Altair 4X has the ability to accurately measure Combustible Gases (calibrated to methane), Oxygen, Carbon Monoxide and Nitrogen Dioxide. It’s ideal for applications including oil, gas, and petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, confined space, fire service, municipal works and also mining.
MotionAlert and InstantAlert are exclusive safety features on this multi gas detector and are both ideal for confined space applications. MotionAlert will alert others when a user becomes disabled or motionless. InstantAlert is a manual process and requires the wearer to press a button to alert others to a hazardous situation.
- Polycarbonate housing – ability to pass a 20ft drop test
- Large, easy-to-use buttons
- LCD display can be back-lit
- Datalogging capability – adjustable, 50 hours minimum
- Standard 500 events recorded in event log
- Easy bump-check mode with 24-hour checkmark indicator
- Compatible with Galaxy Test System
|Dimensions||4.4” x 3.0” x 1.31”|
|Charging Time||<4 hours|
|Operating Period||-20°C to +50°C; -40°C to +60°C – Short Period Operation|
|Humidity||15 – 90 % RH non-condensing|
|Sensor Lifetime||Typical life of more than four years|
|Standard Warranty||3 years (Option to extend by 1 year)|